Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Lazy Day

For a change, I didn't have any errands to run, nothing pressing that needed to be done at all do I had a very lazy day. It was nice not having to feel rushed through the day to get things done before I needed to start dinner.

B: 1/2 multigrain bagel with Laughing Cow Lite cheese
L: Broccoli and Beef, carrots
D: pan seared chicken, brown rice, cauliflower, pineapple hunks
S: pumpkin spice muffin

On another board, someone asked how we (several of us post our food journal) eat so little without feeling hungry.

I normally don't eat breakfast, it is a crazy time of the day for me. I am trying to make sure that 5 kids get out the door, are dressed, fed and have everything they need. I am also feeding one who is a food lover so she finishes her "drinking yogurt" and wants cereal or something else. Add in there a newborn who may or may not wake up and you can see why eating breakfast sometimes just falls by the wayside. I do eat lunch and dinner (although sometimes I get distracted at lunch too). If I am hungry, I will eat.

So how, I can hear you thinking, do you weigh so much if you don't eat that much? The answer, my friend, is not blowing in the wind (sorry, had to do it) but it is caused by snacking! Snacking is my downfall.

A bite of this, a nibble of that, a cookie here, a handful of crackers there... Not only is it high calorie, it is high calorie junk! It does add up faster than you think. I cut that out and realize I don't eat nearly as much as I thought.

No comments: