Saturday, October 29, 2005

Late But Done

I almost blew it off when I looked and it was already 10 pm. I didn't though, I still went out and did my 2 miles today. I alternated walking and running. I finished 3 minutes faster than yesterday, which is a good thing.

I tell you, it was tough out there running this evening. The temperature is below 40°F and so taking a deep breath makes your lungs cold enough to burn. It got better about half a mile into my run. At about the one mile mark, my legs were feeling it. I am sure part of it was that the one mile mark is at the top of an incline. Granted, it is a small incline but I could definitely feel it.

I varied my route a little tonight. I still ran the same distance and the same route, just backwards. Where I normally turn and go around a block, I went straight and came back around. Probably makes no sense to read that but it makes sense when you actually see it.

Tomorrow is my day of rest from exercise but I think I am going to go walk anyway. I have momentum going and I hate to break it.

I ordered a new scale and it will be interesting to see how it weighs me compared to my current one. I don't know if I will change to the new one for "official" weigh ins or wait until the six week challenge I am in is over. I will see once the scale gets here and I try it out.

No comments: